Since I’ve got a HTC Hero Android device I started looking at developing for the android platform. It’s all java based and it’s all integrated in eclipse so it shouldn’t be that hard for me.
I downloaded the Android SDK, unzipped everything and added this location to the system path (I’m using windows).
Next I fired up the Android SDK and AVD Manager to get it all configured…
Exception in thread "Loading Source" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.w3c.dom.Node.getTextContent()Ljava/lang/String;
😀 It should work out of the 😛 I quickly check if I was running java 1.5 or higher but that was oké so instead of figuring out what library was in conflicht I fetched the AVD package for 1.5 directly from the web and unzipped it in the platforms folder of my android sdk installation folder. The manager recognized it so I could create an AVD for testing.
I didn’t have any problems with the android eclipse plugin. After installation from the download site (https://dl-ssl.google.com/android/eclipse/) I configured it and got it running.
The virtual device really takes a long time to boot :s